- Representing a joint venture in the rehabilitation of a historic, publicly-owned building into a hotel.
- Representing a joint venture in the development of a branded hotel with over 1,000 rooms on a ground lease with a public agency.
- Representing a joint venture in the development of a branded hotel adjacent to the Rose Kennedy Greenway.
- Representing a national real estate company in the development of multiple multi-family projects.
- Represented a client in the construction management and related contracts, and in the construction financing for the development of three high-rise residential buildings in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Represented a joint venture between affiliates of Carlyle Partners and Sand Hill Property Company in the leasing and development of the four-building Netflix campus in Los Gatos, California, the sale of the first two buildings, and sale of the balance of the campus.
- Represented a regional developer in connection with its acquisition, assemblage, financing, permitting, and general development of a 300-unit affordable, senior-housing development, public health center, and professional school located in a Boston suburb.
- Represented a developer in connection with its acquisition, permitting, and general development of a mixed-use project located in Boston involving 250+ residential units and ground-floor retail space.
- Represented a private family office in connection with general real estate matters, including its acquisition, disposition, leasing, financing, construction, insurance programming, development and other general real estate matters for its growing portfolio of real estate located in Boston and Greater Boston.
- Represented a data center owner in a public private partnership, including its financing, acquisition, and development of data centers in San Francisco, Chicago, North Carolina and Toronto.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in a joint venture to develop commercial and residential space in the Hudson Yards section of Manhattan.
- Represented a public company retail client in the construction contracts related to the development of two large (750,000+ square feet) distribution centers.
- Represented a data center in the redevelopment, financing, and leasing of its facility in Rockland County, New York, which included two rounds of public and private partnership benefits.
- Representing a non-profit developer of an affordable condominium project.
Read about ideas for cutting greenhouse gas emissions in the Northeast by 80% by 2050 and related challenges discussed at a summit co-hosted by Mintz, the Northeast Clean Energy Council, and The Brattle Group.
Mintz and ML Strategies helped GE with acquisition and planning for its new headquarters campus in Boston. Attorneys and professionals with real estate, land use, environmental permitting, and construction experience worked with ML Strategies to help guide the public/private collaborative effort.
After helping GE negotiate an agreement with MassDevelopment to sell 2.7 acres on Boston’s Fort Point Channel, Mintz represented GE in the sale and a leaseback of two historic brick buildings on the site from the new owner — all within six months of the initial discussions.
Mintz represented the joint venture of The Davis Companies and the Omni Hotel Corp. affiliates in the negotiation of a development agreement for a project to transform a vacant Boston parcel into a 1,054-key hotel. Mintz is providing all real estate, environmental, and permitting legal services.