Carolina’s practice focuses on the protection of client innovations in the mechanical, electrical, and computer science arts. She prepares and prosecutes patents and helps to develop and manage patent portfolios for global companies, academic institutions, and individual inventors located in the United States and in Asia. The portfolios she works with range from a single family of patents to those containing hundreds of patents in global jurisdictions.
Carolina has handled a significant amount of work in the automotive industry, aiding clients in obtaining patent protections for their cutting-edge advancements in autonomous vehicles, fuel cells, environmentally friendly technologies, battery systems, and transmissions.
She also has experience in the fields of medical technology, with an emphasis on wearable or implantable devices and surgical instruments, and network communications.
Prior to joining the firm, Carolina was an associate in the Boston office of another international law firm. She also previously worked as a patent agent at an intellectual property boutique firm in Boston, where she concentrated on the patent prosecution of a variety of technologies, including consumer products, mechanical technologies, and electrical devices.
- Suffolk University Law School (JD)
- Boston University (BS, Mechanical Engineering)
- US and international prosecution
- Application drafting
- IP due diligence
- Portfolio management
- Opinions: patentability, freedom to operation, validity, and infringement
Recognition & Awards
- Managing Intellectual Property: Rising Star (2018)
- Co-Chair, AIPLA Moot Court Committee of Boston Patent Law Association
- Board member and past Treasurer and Secretary, Boston IP American Inn of Court
- Member, Business Development Committee, Women’s Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Board member, Esplanade Association