Chip specializes in Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganizations and out-of-court restructurings. He has represented debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees, bondholders, indenture trustees, bankruptcy trustees, and liquidating trustees in all aspects of Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and other insolvency proceedings. He frequently works on senior living and health care distressed matters.
During law school, Chip was an executive editor of the Uniform Commercial Code Reporter Digest, and later served as a law clerk to the Honorable Joel B. Rosenthal of the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts. Chip is very involved with professional and community organizations, speaks and writes on bankruptcy matters, and contributes to the Firm’s pro bono and activities and mentoring programs.
- Boston College (JD)
- Colgate University (BA)
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2006 – 2013)
- 2020 Turnaround Management Association's Non-Profit Turnaround Award
- Communication Director, American Bankruptcy Institute Business Reorganization Committee
- Member, Boston Bar Association Bankruptcy Section
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association