Mergers & Acquisitions
- Brooks Automation’s approximately $450 million purchase of genomics service provider Genewiz Group
- Brooks Automation’s $675 million sale of its semiconductor cryogenics business to Edwards Vacuum LLC (a member of the Atlas Copco Group)
- John Hancock Financial Network’s sale of Signator Investors to Advisor Group
- Connance’s sale to Waystar Health
- Optum’s purchase of Reliant Medical Group
- Fidelity’s purchase of a software solutions company
- C&S Wholesale Grocers’ purchase of the assets of Davidson Co., Inc.
- Brooks Automation’s $127 million purchase of BioStorage Technologies
- John Hancock Financial Network’s purchase of the assets of Transamerica Financial Advisors
- Naurex’s sale to Allergan
- Leerink Swann’s sale of the assets of Leerink Swann Consulting to NCI Healthcare
- John Hancock Financial Network’s purchase of Symetra Investment Services
- C&S Wholesale Grocers’ purchase of the assets of Associated Wholesalers
- Humedica’s sale to UnitedHealth Group
- Piramal Healthcare Limited’s $635 million purchase of Decision Resources Group
- iMDsoft’s $60 million sale to TPG
- Ion Torrent Systems’ $725 million sale to Life Technologies
- Amicas’ $267 million sale to Merge Healthcare
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals’ $400 million purchase of ViroChem Pharma
- iBasis’ $100 million sale to Royal KPN
- Qiagen’s $1.6 billion purchase of Digene Corporation
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals in over $2.5 billion in equity and debt offerings
Michael also serves as counsel to Brooks Automation and John Hancock Life Insurance Company. Private company clients include C&S Wholesale Grocers, Butterfly Networks, LAM Therapeutics and W.E. Aubuchon Co.
Mintz represented John Hancock Financial Network in its acquisition of certain assets of Transamerica Financial Advisors Inc. The deal grew assets under John Hancock’s broker-dealer to nearly $50 billion.
Mintz represented clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company Naurex Inc., which develops therapies for central nervous system disorders, in its acquisition by global pharmaceutical company Allergan PLC for $560 million plus potential milestone payments. Naurex’s platform was spun out into a new company.
Mintz achieved a legal victory for longtime client Shari Redstone in a contentious legal battle concerning media company Viacom, Inc.’s board and corporate governance. The global settlement dismissed all suits against Ms. Redstone and her father Sumner and altered the Viacom board.