- Represented multiple managed care organizations in the sale and acquisition of commercial, Medicare and Medicaid plans.
- Represented a national behavioral health managed care organization in its initiative to staff employer-based clinics in 42 states with behavioral health care providers.
- Served as regulatory counsel in connection with a private equity company’s acquisition of a dental discount plan.
- Represented one of the largest kidney care providers in multiple joint venture arrangements, acquisitions and divestitures in New York and nationwide.
- Served as transactional counsel in the sale of renowned New York City pediatric ophthalmic practice.
- Served as regulatory counsel to a large hospital system in connection with the sale of its outreach laboratory to a national laboratory service provider.
Mintz represents a major Boston-based health care system that includes academic medical centers, community hospitals, physician practices, and a managed care plan. Mintz attorneys helped the system establish a specialty pharmacy and developed new provider contract templates for the health plan.
Mintz has served as national transaction counsel for over 20 years for a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care. Mintz attorneys handle corporate, health care regulatory, employment, litigation, tax, and other related issues for transactions across the country.
Mintz represented a major US academic health system in a $200+ million transaction to sell assets related to its clinical outreach laboratory business. Attorneys from Mintz worked on due diligence and disclosures and advised the client on regulatory, trademark, real estate, and other issues.
Mintz served as transaction counsel for New York nonprofit elderly services organization Isabella Home in a combination with another New York nonprofit health system for the elderly. Metropolitan Jewish Heath System, Inc. agreed to become the sole member of Isabella Home and one of its affiliates.