- Advised a university on certain terms for the contract of its then-head football coach, who was at the time subject to high recruitment elsewhere due to the team’s top 5 national ranking.
- Provided employment advice and counselling to the Big Ten Conference on key employment and executive compensation issues for its senior staff.
- Advised and counseled NBA league bylaws and polices as well as involvement in intra-team disputes and matters involving trades and health disclosures.
- Advised a private university on a number of employment matters including compliance with Title IX, regulations applicable to athletics aid and participation, and NCAA bylaws and policies.
- Represented a major league professional sports team in arbitration over appropriate trade disclosures; obtained a seven-figure recovery.
- Represented Vanderbilt University and its Board of Governors regarding the compensation package and employment contract of the university's chancellor.
- Represented the University of Florida and its Board of Trustees in connection with the recruitment process for hiring a new president.
Mintz advised the Board of the Big Ten Conference on employment and executive compensation issues at the commissioner level. The conference currently consists of fourteen nationally acclaimed academic institutions.
Mintz has advised over 200 academic institutions on employment matters and executive compensation. Mintz attorneys counsel colleges on Title IX compliance, employment contracts, and policies for athletics personnel and conduct internal investigations on allegations of NCAA violations or matters involving inquiries from federal agencies.
Mintz advised an FBS institution on employment matters, including compliance with Title IX, regulations applicable to athletics aid and participation, and NCAA bylaws and policies. The university used Mintz’s guidance to update its Title IX training and compliance policies.